(7) Primer Application. Brush the primer on the blade in the area shown in figure 3-19 where the coating will be
applied. Allow the primer to dry at least one hour at 70 degrees F or above. Do not handle the primed surface. If the
primer surface becomes contaminated, lightly wipe it with denatured alcohol.
(8) Mix Coating. Stir coating Part A before using. After the primer dries , mix 3/4 beaker of AGC 1201-1R
polyurethane coating Part A with 1/4 beaker AGC1201-3R Part B in a can and mix well. Do not stir again after it is mixed
well. If a skin forms on top of the coating, remove it.
(9) Coating Application.
(a) Brush on 5 coats to the entire area shown in figure 3-19, allowing five minutes minimum drying time
between recoating a specific area. Brush on heavy coats with light pressure to avoid damaging previous coats. If lumps
form in the coating, discard and mix a new batch.
(b) Remove masking tape after the first 5 coats are applied and apply the remaining coats by eye. Total
number of coats are shown in figure 3-19. Allow the coating to cure 24 hours at 70 degrees F or above.
Wet primer can be cleaned up with denatured alcohol or MEK. Wet coating can be
cleaned up with MEK.
(10) Tip Cap Installation. DELETED.
c. Main Rotor Tape Installation.
(1) Cleaning. Clean area shown in figure 3-19 with cheesecloth or machinery towel dampened with MEK,
isopropyl alcohol, or denatured alcohol.
Some rotor blades may be painted with acrylic lacquer, and MEK can adversely
affect this paint and the subsequent quality of the erosion protection. In this case,
MEK should not be used as a cleaning agent.
(2) Layout and Mask. Layout and mask off main rotor for polyurethane tape application as shown in figure 3-20.
Change 2 3-51