Do not puncture bubbles after the adhesive has dried.
(h) Tape edges of polyurethane tape using masking tape. Minimum drying time 24-hours.
(i) Carefully remove masking tape.
(5) Clean off excess adhesive using machinery towel, lightly moistened with toluene.
Then wipe dry using
(6) Install main rotor blade, if removed.
c. Applying Polyurethane Coating to Tip Cap Main Rotor.
Reference WARNINGS, b, above.
(1) Cleaning. Clean area on blade to be covered with cheesecloth or machinery towel dampened with MEK,
isopropyl alcohol, or denatured alcohol.
Some rotor blades may be painted with acrylic lacquer, and MEK can adversely
affect this paint and the subsequent quality of the erosion protection. In this case,
MEK should not be used as a cleaning agent.
(2) Scuff area of tip cap to be covered by coating using abrasive p per. Clean surface using cheesecloth or
machinery towel dampened with isopropyl or denatured alcohol, then wipe once again and dry with a clean, dry cloth.
(3) Cut excess polyurethane tape in 1-inch-wide strips. Use to mask area not being coated. Mak e sure to use 2
layers of tape on masked area.