Do not puncture bubbles after the adhesive has dried.
(a) Remove tape from over outboard attachment screw holes.
(b) Remove tuck masking tape.
(8) Tape Application, 2 in. Scuff the 4" wide tape surface with 120 grit sandpaper in area to be
covered by 2" wide tape as shown in figure 3-51. Clean tape surface with MEK. Apply tape to blade with
No. 86 promoter as in Step (6).
(a) Apply 12 inch long piece of 2" wide tape on outboard end of guard as shown in figure 3-
51. Trim tape from over attachment screw holes.
(b) Apply 33 inch long piece of 2" wide tape on inboard end of guard as shown in figure 3-51.
Trim tape at inboard end of guard and from over attachment screw holes.
(9) Install Blades. If removed, install per aircraft -23 TM.
c. Tail Rotor Tape Installation.
(1) Cleaning. Clean area shown in figure 3-52 with cheesecloth or machinery towel dampened
with MEK, isopropyl alcohol or denatured alcohol.
Some rotor blades may be painted with acrylic lacquer, and MEK can
adversely affect this paint and the subsequent quality of the erosion
protection. In this case, MEK should not be used as a cleaning agent.
(2) Layout and Mask. Layout and mask off tail rotor for polyurethane tape application as shown in
(3) Cut Tape. Cut 4 pieces of 4 inch wide polyurethane tape 16.5 inches long. (Reference table 3-