used to provide environmental protection for
125. DUMMY RECEPTACLES, PROTECTIVE
connectors not mated to their respective plugs or
COVERS, AND DUST CAPS, SERIES III.
receptacles. Protective covers have resilient seals that
resist moisture intrusion and are required to pass
126. This section contains the information pertaining
altitude immersion testing when mated to the
connector plug or receptacle.
their procurement as related to Series III only.
130. The connector cover for the plug is D38999/32
127. DUMMY RECEPTACLE. Dummy Receptacles
(Metric). The protective cover , along with dimensions
are provided and shall be used to stow unmated plugs
and part number breakdown, is illustrated (Figure 70).
caps or protective covers when the related component
is not in operational use. The dummy receptacle shall
131. The protective cover for the receptacle is D38999/
be marked and located to permit easy location and
33 (Metric). The protective cover, along with
dimensions and part number breakdown, is illustrated
128. Dummy Receptacle D38999/22. This dummy
receptacle is to be used where necessary. The dummy
132. DUST CAPS. These plastic covers (M85049/138)
receptacle, along with dimensions and part number
do not have environmental sealing capability and are
breakdown, is illustrated (Figure 69).
129. PROTECTIVE COVERS. There are protective
covers for plugs and receptacles. Protective covers are