23. Dummy Receptacle M81511/30. This dummy
receptacle is cancelled without replacement. The
information provided is for reference use only. The
Refer to NAVAIR 01-1A-505-1, WP 011 01, for
dummy receptacle, along with dimensions and part
torque value information on AS85049 connector
number breakdown, is illustrated (Figure 11).
24. PROTECTIVE COVERS. Protective covers are more
d. Tighten screws in saddle clamp to provide
commonly called dust caps. There are dust caps for
firm gripping action preventing wire movement
plugs and receptacles.
without damage or crushing.
25. Dust Caps for Plugs, along with the part number
19. ENVIRONMENTAL EMI/RFI BACKSHELLS. The
breakdown, are illustrated for; M81511/17 (Figure 12)
backshells shown are cancelled without replacement.
and M81511/18 (Figure 12).
The information provided is for reference use only.
The backshell is removed and installed using the tools
26. GASKET FOR FLANGE MOUNT RECEPTACLE.
and tool procedures (Paragraphs 14 and 15). The sealing
MS90484 gaskets are made from (1) silicone rubber or
and shielding internal parts are removed to facilitate
(2) conductive rubber, (1) or (2) will be the last dash
maintenance. The internal parts are installed in their
number of the part number (Figure 13).
original configuration to ensure proper sealing and
shielding (Figure 8).
29. MOUNTING PLATES FOR FLANGE MOUNT
RECEPTACLE. M85049/96 plates are light duty
20. CONDUIT FITTINGS. Conduit fittings are used to
connect a conduit to a connector, and may be either a
structures. M85049/95 plates are medium duty, partial
ferrule or hex nut (Figure 9).
perimeter flanges and M85049/94 are heavy duty, full
provided and shall be used to stow unmated plugs
30. RUBBER BUSHINGS. MS3420 standard material
caps or protective covers when the related component
and color is black neoprene. Primary use is cushion for
is not in operational use. The dummy receptacle shall
wires at connector exit to aid strain relief (Figure 14).
be marked and located to permit easy location and
31. SEALING PLUGS. Sealing plugs are inserted to fill
a cavity in a connector insert. The function of a sealing
22. Dummy Receptacle M81511/19. This dummy
plug is to seal all cavities not occupied by contacts
receptacle is to be used where necessary. The dummy
receptacle, along with dimensions and part number
breakdown, is illustrated (Figure 10).