Figure 3. MIL-C-83723 Series II Alternate Positions
17. Insert Configuration. The insert configuration is
22. Closed-Entry Socket Contacts. These contacts
the insert arrangement by number and size of contacts
eliminate damage from abuse by test probes and help
to correct any misaligned pins during engagement.
18. Alternate Position. The alternate keyway position
23. Contact Insertion. Insertion is accomplished from
the rear of connector. When the contact is fully inserted,
the clip tines snap securely behind the contact shoulders.
19. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION. Connectors and
accessories are designed and constructed to withstand
24. Contact Extraction. Extraction is accomplished with
normal handling incidental to installation and
the use of a removal tool.
maintenance (Figure 4).
25. Contact Retaining Clip. The contact retaining clip
20. INSERTS. The nonresilient material used for all
is completely encased in a tough plastic wafer to protect
inserts shall be a high grade dielectric having electrical
clip from damage.
and mechanical characteristics suitable for the purpose
intended. The impact strength shall be such that
26. Moisture Sealing. Complete sealing is achieved by
material shall not chip, crack, or break during assembly
combining four seals, shell, peripheral, interfacial, and
or normal maintenance.
21. Crimp Snap-In Contacts. Snap-in contacts designed
27. Shell Seal. This seal is effected when the plug shell
to AS39029 can be crimped with standard M22520/1
pushes against the sealing ring inside the receptacle
when connectors are mated.