Page 49/(50 agank)
PBl e 49
Figure 22. Broken Wire Contact Removal
Figure 21. Unlocking Contact Retention Mechanism of
Broken Wire Contact
61. CONNECTOR REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION.
62. CONNECTOR BUILD-UP SOLDER CONTACTS.
If the connector is severely damaged and cannot be
repaired using the above procedures, proceed as
63. For build-up procedures for solder contacts refer to
NAVAIR 01-1A-505-1, WP 016 00.
a. Starting from outside of damaged connector,
64. CONNECTOR CLEANING AND PRESERVA-
tag wires and remove all contacts from connector
(Paragraph 55). If contact cannot be removed, cut wire
as close to connector as possible and attach new contact
65. For connector cleaning and corrosion control
(Paragraphs 49 and 50).
procedures refer to NAVAIR 01-1A-505-1, WP 026 00.
b. Starting from center of new connector, maintain
a smooth wire dress and insert contact into correct
cavity (paragraph 51). Remove tag from wire. Repeat
procedure until all contacts are installed in new