physical and electrical shield is employed which is
terminated at one or both ends to a ground or some
other predetermined point with respect to ground.
12. Connector accessories to enhance solder type
Shields can be applied to individual wires, cables,
contact connectors are as follows:
bundles, and harness.
Cable Clamps/Strain Reliefs.
17. BONDING RINGS. Bonding rings are used with
cable clamps or flexible conduit coupling nuts to ground
EMI-RFI and Grounding Terminators.
wire shielding (Figure 10).
18. Bonding Ring Installation. Bonding rings are
installed using the following procedure:
a. Separate shield from each wire at end of cable
13. CABLE CLAMPS/STRAIN RELIEFS. The following
by pulling wire through a hole pierced in the shield.
two paragraphs explain the two types of cable support
or clamping devices.
Gather individual wire shield together.
14. Cable CIamps. A cable clamp is a support or
Crimp shields in bonding ring tongue and
clamping device which requires use of an intermediate
component for attachment to back of connector
(Figures 6, 7, 8 and 9).
d. Tighten cable clamp or coupling nut to end of
bell of connector.
15. Strain Reliefs. A strain relief is a support or clamping
device which attaches directly to connector (Figures 6,
19. MOUNTING PLATES FOR FLANGE MOUNT
7, 8 and 9).
flange mount receptacle to mounting structure.
16. EMI/RFI GROUNDING TERMINATORS. EMI/
Mounting plates are available in heavy, medium, and
RFI grounding terminators are used to ground or shield
light duty type (Figures 11, 12 and 13).
a connector to reduce electromagnetic radiation and