Page 33/(34 agank)
PBl e 33
106. CONNECTOR REMOVAL AND INSTALLA-
TION. If the connector is severely damaged or cannot
be repaired using the above procedures, proceed as
a. Starting from outside of damaged connector,
tag wires and remove all contacts from connector
(Paragraph 100). If contact cannot be removed, cut
wire as close to connector as possible and attach new
contact (Paragraphs 94 and 95).
b. Starting from center of new connector, insert
contact into correct cavity (Paragraph 96). Remove tag
from wire. Repeat procedure until all contacts are
installed in new connector.
107. CONNECTOR BUILD-UP, SOLDER CON-
Figure 26. Unlocking Contact Retention Mechanism of
108. For build up procedures for solder contacts refer
Broken Wire Contact
to NAVAIR 01-1A-505-1, WP 016 00.
109. CONNECTOR CLEANING AND PRESERVA-
110. For connector cleaning and corrosion control
procedures refer to NAVAIR 01-1A-505-1, WP 026 00.
Figure 27. Broken Wire Contact Removal