28. MIL-C-81703 SERIES 2.
29. MIL-C-81703 Series 2 connectors are rack and panel
or push-pull coupled, single key removable crimp front
release contacts. The Series 2 connector has a
temperature operating range of -67°F (-55°C) to +347°F
(+175°C) (Figure 5).
30. GROMMET SEALING PLUGS. The grommets of
environment resisting connector are designed to accept
sealing plugs in accordance with MIL-C-81703 to be
used where unwired contacts are placed. The connector
when ordered as a unit will have sealing plugs enclosed
to equal 15 percent of the number of contacts but not
less than one.
Figure 5. MIL-C-81703 Series 2 Typical Connector
inserts have a resilient face with individual pin barriers
to seal against the hard face socket insert. The resilient
39. Shell Size. Shell size is indicated by a progressive
interface seal provides individual contact seals in mated
condition between each contact and shell.
40. Insert Configuration. The insert configuration is the
32. SHELL. Shells including mounting flanges are of
insert arrangement by number and size of contacts
one-piece construction and designed to retain their
inserts in one position by mechanical means.
41. Contact Style. The contact style denotes type of
33. COUPLING. Connectors shall be capable of being
fully coupled and uncoupled without use of tools.
42. Alternate Position. The alternate position indicates
insert polarization (Figure 4).
denoted by their part numbers, This means that the
master keyway is rotated to prevent mis-mating of
43. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION. Connectors and
similar connectors in a proximate location. A plug with
accessories are designed and constructed to withstand
normal handling incidental to installation and
with the same letter. The inserts do not rotate, only the
keyway is rotated.
44. Crimp Snap-in Contacts. Snap-in contacts designed
35. PART NUMBER. The following paragraphs contain
to AS39029 can be crimped with standard M22520/1
information necessary for proper selection and
procurement of connector (Figure 6).
45. Closed-Entry-Socket Contacts. These contacts
36. Basic Part Number. The prefix denotes the basic
eliminate damage from abuse by test probes and help to
correct any misaligned pins during engagement.
37. Shell Style. The shell style denotes type and
46. Contact Insertion. Front release contacts feature a
mounting of connector.
stamped metal retaining clip captivated by molded-in
shoulders of each contact cavity in the insulator.
38. Service Class. The service class is a letter code
denoting environment resistant ability.