1 September 2011
17. Crimped Snap-In Contacts. Snap-in contacts
22. Seals. Interfacial and rear seals are designed and
designed to SAE AS39029 can be crimped with
constructed in such a manner that they become an
standard M22520/1 crimp tool.
integral part of any individual contact. Each seal can
be removed and replaced. Seals are illustrated
18. Closed-Entry Socket Contacts. These contacts
(Figures 4 thru 6).
eliminate damage from abuse by test probes and help
23. WIRE SEALING. Wire sealing is accomplished
to correct any misaligned pins during engagement.
by use of a grommet seal which is designed to seal
19. Contact Insertion. Insertion is accomplished from
against outside diameter of inserted wire. The outer
rear of connector. When contact is fully inserted, the
diameter shall be within the applicable size range as
clip tines snap securely behind contact shoulders.
specified (Table 1). Select wire seal using Figure 5.
20. Contact Extraction. Extraction is accomplished
24. INSERT CONFIGURATION. The insert
with use of a removal tool.
configuration is the manner in which the contacts are
placed within the connector insert (Figure 7).
21. Contact Retainer Clip. The contact retaining clip
is completely encased in a tough plastic wafer to
protect clip from damage.