1 September 2011
27. EPXB Shell Size 2 Jackscrew and Jacknut Installation and Removal. Insert, remove and polarize jackscrew and
jacknut as follows:
a. Installation is accomplished by:
(1) Insert the jackscrew/jacknut into the shell from the front (Figure 27) (pay attention to the alignment mark on
the shell Figure 26).
(2) Install cylindrical nut on jackscrew/jacknut from the back side of the connector (Figure 27) and tighten to
10.62 in/lbs using spigot bit tool 282664 (Figure 28).
b. Removal is accomplished by:
(1) Using spigot wrench tool 282665 or 282664 (Figure 28) loosen the cylindrical nut on jackscrew/jacknut from
the back side of the connector (Figure 27).
(2) Remove cylindrical nut from jackscrew/jacknut (Figure 27).
(3) Remove jackscrew/jacknut from connector (Figure 27).
Jacknut uses the
Figure 27. EPXB 2 Jackscrew/Jacknut Installation
Spigot Bit 282664
Spigot Wrench 282665
Figure 28. EPXB 2 Jackscrew/Jacknut Installation Tools