Applying a slight amount of opposite rudder
during operation of Test Switch will cause a
positive disconnect of nose steering and re-
duce amount of heading variation.
3. Move nose gear steering arm switch to
VALVE TEST position.
a. Note green NWS light extinguishes and
re-illuminates as switch reaches VALVE
4. Deflect rudder pedals left and right.
a. Note that no steering inputs occur amber
NWS FAIL light is not on.
5. Apply a small amount of brake pressure to
ensure that nose gear is castering freely.
6. Put nose gear steering switch back to ARMED
a. Note green NWS light illuminates.
7. Move right speed lever forward one-half inch
(until green NWS light is extinguished).
a. Check for no steering response then take
command of nose gear steering with left /
right power levers, note green NWS light
8. Return speed lever to LOW position.
Green NWS light must extinguish each time
nose wheel steering is deactivated by either
right speed lever switch, test switch, arm
switch or release of NWS power lever but-
ANTI-ICE / DEICE SYSTEMS
1. AUTO/CONT IGNITION Switches -- CONT
a. Check IGN lights on
2. AUTO/CONT IGNITION Switches -- AUTO
a. Check IGN lights off
3. DEICE BOOT Switch -- MANUAL