5. Verify the dashed reference line (radial) or
dashed circle (distance) on MFD map.
1. Altitude must be automatically or manually
inserted adjacent to desired waypoint.
2. VNAV altitudes must be veriied and displayed
on CDU LEGS page or the MFD.
3. VNAV must be pressed for light guidance.
4. Preselected altitude must be set at or beyond
VNAV CROSSING RESTRICTION
A small circle will be surrounding the selected
reference that is not related to any crossing
1. Verify reference waypoint is in LEGS page.
2. Copy reference waypoint to scratchpad.
3. Add a "/" and a negative or positive distance to
waypoint name in scratchpad, e.g. "ICT/-20"
= 20nm prior to ix; or "ICT/+10" = 10nm after
ix (plus sign "+" is optional).
4. Press line select key next to original reference
Do not paste contents before or after way-
point. CDU will determine where it should go.
5. Enter crossing altitude to right of the newly
Distance entered cannot exceed distance be-
tween ix before the ix after reference way-
point, as applicable.
6. Verify waypoint on LEGS page or MFD map
and press EXEC.
VNAV VERTICAL DIRECT-TO
1. Verify desired VNAV altitude is in LEGS page.
2. Press DIR key.
P-22 Change 1