(2) Altitude preselector window -- Check the altitude preselector window for a malfunction code.
c. Autopilot Check as follows:
(1) A/P Left selector -- Check illuminated. Press to toggle between A/P LT and A/P RT and back
to A/P LT.
(2) Autopilot Controller AP ENGAGE -- Press. Check DISENGAGE light illuminates and autopilot
(3) Pilots control wheel AP & YD disconnect button -- Press. Conirm AP ENGAGE and YD
ENGAGE lights extinguish and autopilot disconnected.
If the crew determines a more extensive test of the Autopilot is required, complete steps 3 through
(4) TURN knob -- Centered.
(5) ELEV TRIM switch -- Check on.
(6) Control wheel -- Move to mid- travel.
(7) Autopilot Controller AP ENGAGE -- Press. Check light illuminated and autopilot engaged.
If autopilot or yaw damper disengages during overpower test, do not use. If AP ENGAGE or YD
ENGAGE annunciator continues to lash, do not use.
(8) ELEV TRIM follow-up/overpower -- Check as follows:
(a) Control wheel -- Pull aft of mid travel simultaneously turn yoke left and right to check
overpower capability. Trim wheel should run nose down after approximately 3 seconds.
Trim down annunciator should illuminate after approximately 6 to 8 seconds and AP TRIM
annunciator (instrument panel) should illuminate after approximately 15 seconds.
(b) Control wheel -- Push forward of mid travel to the forward stop. Trim wheel should run
nose up after approximately 3 seconds. TRIM UP annunciator should illuminate after
approximately 6 to 8 seconds, and AP TRIM (instrument panel) annunciator should illuminate
after approximately 15 seconds.
(c) AP & YD and TRIM DISC button -- Press to irst level. AP/YD indication on PFD should
lash 5 times and extinguish.
(9) Control wheel -- Position to mid- travel.
(10) Autopilot controller AP ENGAGE -- Press. Check light illuminated and autopilot engaged.
(11) TURN knob -- Check that control wheel follows turns in each direction.
(12) Pitch wheel -- Check that ELEV TRIM wheel follows pitch wheel movements.
(13) Heading marker -- Center and engage HDG mode. Check that control wheel follows heading
changes in each direction.
(14) GO AROUND button -- Depress. Check that AP disengages and FD commands a wings
level, 7° nose up attitude.
(15) RUDDER BOOST/YAW CONTROL TEST switch -- TEST . Check the RUDDER BOOST
annunciator above the PFDs illuminate.
(16) YD ENGAGE pushbutton -- Depress. Yaw damper should not engage.
(17) RUDDER BOOST/YAW CONTROL TEST switch -- RUDDER BOOST . Check RUDDER
BOOST annunciator extinguished.
d. Electric elevator trim -- Check.