The TAWS terrain display will always "pop-up" at the MFD regardless of TERR selection for display
at either or both PFD s.
(2) Pilot/Copilot PFD -- Select COMP 360 HSI.
(3) MFD -- Select 360 HSI.
(4) PFD annunciator panel TERR INHB selector -- Not illuminated.
MFD and copilot PFD will auto range to 10 nm during self test.
(5) BELOW G/S P/CANCEL switch -- Push and hold for approx. 1 second. Observe the following:
(a) PFD annunciator panels -- Yellow TERR NOT AVAIL, GS CANCELD and BELOW G/S
P/CANCEL annunciators lash then extinguish.
(b) PFD annunciator panel BELOW G/S P/CANCEL annunciator switch -- Flashes active for
(c) PFDs -- GLIDESLOPE lashes into view then extinguish.
(d) PFDs -- PULL- UP lashes into view then extinguish.
(e) PFDs -- TERRAIN lashes into view then extinguish.
(f) PFDs -- Terrain display pop- up appears in ARC mode with range = 10 NM and 9 color grid
display self- test pattern.
(g) PFD s and MFD -- TERRAIN NOT AVAIL illuminates then extinguishes.
(h) Headset -- Audio messages "GLIDESLOPE" is heard.
(i) Headset -- Audio message "PULL- UP" is heard.
(j) Headset -- Audio message "TERRAIN, TERRAIN, PULL- UP" is heard.
d. Test 2 (Terrain displayed at PFD(s))
(1) Ensure TERR is not selected for display on both PFDs.
(2) Select COMP ARC MAP on both PFDs.
(3) Select EXT on MFD display control panel.
(4) Repeat steps 4 through 5j from TEST 1 above, note the exception that at step 5f the terrain test
pattern will display on both PFDs and the MFD remains in the external mode.
29. BATTERY switch -- As required.
O 30. Toilet -- Check condition.
31. Emergency equipment -- Check that all required emergency equipment is available and that ire
extinguishers and irst- aid kits have current inspection date.
8-11. FUEL SAMPLE AND OIL CHECK.
Fuel and oil quantity check may be performed prior to exterior check. During warm weather, open
fuel cap slowly to prevent being sprayed by fuel under thermal pressure.
* Fuel sample -- Check collective fuel sample from all drains for possible contamination. Thru- light
check is required only if aircraft has been refueled and enough time has elapsed for contaminates to