Monitor TGT to avoid a hot start. If there is a rapid rise in TGT, be prepared to abort the start before
limits are exceeded. During starting, the maximum allowable TGT is 1000°C for 5 seconds. If this
limit is exceeded, initiate Abort Start procedure and discontinue start. Enter the peak temperature
and duration on DA Form 2408-13-1.
TGT and N 1 -- Monitor (TGT 1000°C maximum).
Oil pressure -- Check (60-PSI minimum).
ENG START switch -- OFF after TGT peaks.
CONDITION lever -- HIGH IDLE . Monitor TGT as CONDITION lever is advanced.
*8-16. SECOND ENGINE START (BATTERY START).
1. GENERATOR DC LOAD -- Verify 50% or less.
3. ENG START switch -- START-IGNITION. IGN ON annunciator should illuminate and FUEL PRESS
annunciator should extinguish.
4. CONDITION lever (after N 1 RPM stabilizes above 13% minimum) -- LOW IDLE.
5. TGT and N 1 -- Monitor (TGT 1000°C maximum on the starting engine, TGT 750°C maximum on
the engine already running).
6. Oil pressure -- Check (60-PSI minimum).
7. ENG START switch -- OFF after TGT peaks.
8. CONDITION levers -- HIGH IDLE. Monitor TGT as CONDITION lever is advanced.
Monitor oil temperature closely during ground operation with propellers in FEATHER due to lack of
airlow over oil cooler.
10. #1 and #2 INVERTER switches -- ON , check INVERTER annunciators OFF.
11. Current limiters -- Check as follows:
a. BATTERY CHARGE annunciator -- Check on. BATTERY CHARGE annunciator should extinguish
within 5 minutes following a normal engine start on battery. If light is extinguished, check that
no discharge condition exist.
b. #1 and #2 INV annunciators -- Check extinguished. This procedure checks both 400 and
500-ampere current limiters that tie aircraft bus systems together.
To reset beacon light, turn OFF for approximately 5 seconds, then DAY or NIGHT. When voltage
drops below approximately 20 volts, beacon light may become inoperative.
13. BEACON lights switch -- OFF , then as required.
8-17. ABORT START PROCEDURE.
CONDITION lever -- FUEL CUTOFF.
ENG START switch -- STARTER ONLY.
TGT -- Monitor for drop in temperature.
ENG START switch -- OFF.
8-18. ENGINE CLEARING PROCEDURE.
1. CONDITION lever -- FUEL CUTOFF.