Monitor oil temperature closely during ground operation with propellers in FEATHER due to lack of
airlow over oil cooler.
7. CONDITION levers -- HIGH IDLE . Monitor TGT as CONDITION levers are advanced.
8. #2 PROP lever -- FEATHER.
9. DC GPU units -- Disconnect (check aircraft external power and mission external power annunciators
11. #1 and #2 INVERTER switches -- ON Check INVERTER annunciators extinguished.
12. GENERATOR switch (#1) -- RESET , then ON.
13. Current limiters -- Check as indicated:
a. BATTERY CHARGE annunciator -- Check on. BATTERY CHARGE annunciator should extinguish
within 5 minutes following a normal engine start on battery. If light is out, check that no discharge
b. #1 and #2 INV annunciators -- Check extinguished. This procedure checks both 400 and
500-ampere current limiters that tie aircraft bus systems together.
14. GENERATOR switch (#2) -- RESET , then ON.
To reset beacon light, turn OFF approximately 5 seconds, then DAY or NIGHT. When voltage drops
below approximately 20 volts, the beacon light may become inoperative.
15. BEACON lights switch -- OFF , then as required.
8-21. BEFORE TAXIING.
If a UDM is not installed the system will not progress to the BIT I/P message and the system will not
boot/load. Skip this step if system is not mission essential.
* ! CMWS PWR -- ON , as required. Monitor the BIT process as other cockpit checks are completed.
Prior to TAXI conirm BIT PASS message and correct inventory is displayed.
For maximum cooling on the ground, turn the PNEU & ENVIRO BLEED AIR valve switches to PNEU
ONLY position. Verify airlow is present from aft cockpit eyeball outlets to ensure suficient cooling
for mission equipment.
* 2. CABIN AIR MODE and TEMP controls -- Set as desired.
* 3. AC/DC power -- Check for:
b. AC voltage 104 to 124 VAC.
c. DC voltage 28 to 28.5 VDC.
* 4. AUTO PLT POWER switch -- ON.
* 5. AVIONICS MASTER POWER switch -- ON.
* 6. BRAKE deice switch -- Check and set as required. Ensure both bleed air valves are open.
& WX RADAR/LSS -- SBY.
* * Mission-panel -- Set as required.
* ( FMS -- Initialize.
* Zk INS (LN 100) -- Align, as required.