Complete steps 11 through 14 if not already completed during the BEFORE EXTERIOR CHECK.
11. Automatic light control system -- Perform as required. (Refer to paragraph 8-10.)
Avionics -- Check and set as required.
COCKPIT RECORDER and VOICE RECORDER -- Check.
Altimeters -- Set and check.
Exterior lights -- As required.
Taxi area -- Clear.
Taxi speed can be effectively controlled by the use of power application and the use of the variable pitch propellers
in the ground ine range with the PROP levers retarded to the FEATHER detent.
1. PROP levers -- As required.
2. Brakes -- Check. (Pilot and Co-Pilot).
# Flight instruments -- Check for normal operation.
8-23. ENGINE RUNUP.
1. PARKING BRAKE -- Set.
@ Mission control panel -- After receiving clearance from IPF set as required.
* 3. Manual propeller feathering -- Check by pulling PROP levers aft past detent to FEATHER . Check that
each propeller feathers then advance levers to HIGH RPM position.
4. AUTOFEATHER/AUTO IGNITION#1 and #2 -- Check as follows:
a. AUTO IGNITION switches -- ARM.
b. POWER levers Set approximately 25% torque.
c. AUTOFEATHER switch -- Hold to TEST (both AUTOFEATHER annunciators illuminated).
d. POWER levers -- Retard individually.
(1) At 13% to 19% torque -- Opposite AUTOFEATHER annunciator extinguished, IGN ON
(2) At 7% to 13% torque -- Both AUTOFEATHER annunciators extinguished (propeller starts
The POWER lever may have to be lifted and pulled towards the ground ine gate in order to attain the
7% to 13% torque. AUTOFEATHER annunciators will illuminate and extinguish with each luctuation
of torque as the propeller attempts to feather.
(3) POWER lever -- Return to approximately 25% torque.
e. Repeat above procedure with other engine.
f. POWER levers -- IDLE.
g. AUTOFEATHER switch -- ARM.
h. AUTO IGNITION switches (#1 and #2 ) -- OFF.
5. Overspeed governors and rudder boost -- Check as follows:
a. Yaw damper -- ENGAGE . Observe YD ENG annunciator illuminated.
b. GOVERNOR TEST switch -- Hold to GOVERNOR TEST position.
c. Left POWER lever -- Increase until propeller stabilizes at 1540 to 1580 RPM (approximately 35%
d. GOVERNOR TEST switch -- Release, observe that propeller RPM increases.