SAFETY, CARE, AND HANDLING
The following precautions should be exercised:
1. Use extreme caution when performing procedures that involve the electrical system of this equipment. High
voltage exists and death on contact may result if personnel fail to observe safety precautions.
2. Before performing continuity checks or replacing electrical components, ensure electrical power is
disconnected completely from the circuit involved.
3. In the event of a fluorescent lamp breakage, care must be taken in the removal of broken glass fragments and
white phosphorous dust. Inhalation of phosphorous dust could cause serious injury.
4. Do not use handling equipment with capacity of less than gross weight of shelter system. Do not allow the
shelter to swing back and forth when it is suspended. Failure to observe this warning may result in damage to
equipment or severe injury or death to personnel.
5. Lock stop plate on load balancer with quick release pin before disconnecting support cable from hinged floor.
6. Expandable section (hinged floor and hinged sidewall together) weighs 700 pounds (318 kg). Do not stand
directly in front of hinged section.
7. Prior to removing load balancer from fixed roof, the hinged floor must be near stowed position to remove
tension from support cable. The support cable bracket on hinged floor must then be removed to permit
disconnecting support cable from hinged floor. Secure hinged floor to prevent accidental release.
8. Do not attempt to disassemble or repair load balancer. This equipment contains powerful torsion springs and
serious injury or death to personnel could result if disassembled.
9. In extreme cold, do not touch metal parts with bare hands because severe skin damage may result.
10. Safety glasses shall be worn by personnel when installing ground anchors.