3-10. NIGHTSIDE TEST BENCH 2A3 BORESIGHT DISPLACEMENT MEASUREMENT. (CONT)
(2) Have assistant loosen and disengage clamp assembly securing alinement tool assembly to
(3) Carefully remove alinement tool assembly and return it to its storage case.
(4) Hold insert/adapter in place on sensor mount assembly.
(5) Have assistant push sensor mount handle to unlock position (away from operator).
(6) Remove insert/adapter from sensor mount assembly.
3-11. PNVS NSA INSTALLATION ON NIGHTSIDE TEST BENCH.
This paragraph covers the steps required to remove a PNVS NSA from the shipping and storage
container and install it on the nightside test bench.
a. Removal of PNVS Turret Assembly from Shipping and Storage Container and Installation on
PNVS Turret Holding Fixture.
Excessive strain can cause serious injury.
Dont: Attempt to lift or carry heavy objects alone.
Do: Get help for lifting or carrying heavy objects.
If you experience a sudden pain while lifting or discomfort after lifting,
get medical help at once.
Use caution when handling the TADS NSA.
Contact with optical elements or bands can cause damage to
Use caution while connecting interface structure insert with mask and
window assembly to TADS NSA. Damage to NSA could result if
The word FRONT stenciled on PNVS turret holding fixture refers to
turret shroud window location.
Two people are required when performing this task.
(1) Obtain PNVS holding fixture (1, figure 3-5) and place near PNVS turret assembly shipping
and storage container (2).
(2) Open shipping and storage container as follows: