OPERATION UNDER USUAL CONDITIONS
2. Place the cursor on the PCMCIA card status icon located on the system tray located on the lower right
section of the Windows desktop.
3. With the cursor on the icon, click the LEFT mouse button once.
4. A window will appear asking if you want to stop the PCMCIA card operation. Click on the name of the
card you want to remove.
5. A second box will appear which says: "you may safely remove this device". Select "OK"
6. If the PCMCIA card has external cables that are being held in place by the cable strap, press the loop and
remove the cable.
7. Press the eject button next to the card to be removed.
8. Pull the PCMCIA card straight out of the PCU.
9. Close and latch the PCMCIA card access door.
Power down the PCU
Save all data and properly exit the application program prior to
powering down the AMPS equipment. Failure to observe this
caution may result in loss of data or damage to equipment.
Power down all attached optional peripherals after powering
down the computer assembly. Failure to observe this caution
may result in loss of data or damage to equipment.
Close all files and applications programs before powering down the PCU. Refer to the application software
operator's manuals for instructions on exiting specific programs. To shut down Windows, select the START
button located on the lower left corner of the display. A dialog box appears. Select SHUT DOWN from the
dialog box. A second dialog box appears, select SHUT DOWN again and click OK. Wait until the screen turns
dark, and the power light goes out. On occasion the computer may not shut off by itself. If the hard drive shows
no activity for several minutes, press and hold the ON/STANDBY key for 3 seconds to perform a manual shut
Closing the PCU
To close the PCU for storage or transportation, gently lower the display until the display latch buttons engage the
holes in the side of the display.
END OF WORK PACKAGE