Table 2. Ruggedized Printer Assembly Troubleshooting Procedures
Printer does not turn on.
1. Disconnect the power source from the printer.
2. Wait approximately 10 seconds.
3. Reconnect the power source to the printer.
4. Press the Power Button to turn on the printer.
Screen-displayed error messages.
1. Ensure proper connections between printer and PCU
2. Reboot the PCU.
3. Reinstall the Printer Driver.
Power Light is flashing.
1. The printer is receiving data and is preparing to print. The light
will stop flashing when the printer has finished receiving data.
Resume Light flashing.
1. Printer is out of paper. Place paper in the In Tray and press the
2. Paper Jam has occurred. See Paper Jam.
3. Manually printing the first side of a two-sided document.
Follow the onscreen instructions for inserting the paper to print
the second side and press the Resume Button.
Print Cartridge Light is flashing.
1. Check and/or replace print cartridges.
All lights are flashing.
1. Press the Power Button to turn off the printer.
2. Press the Power Button to turn on the printer.
3. If lights continue to flash, press the Power button to turn off the
4. Disconnect printer from power source.
5. Reconnect Pinter to power source.
6. Press the Power Button to turn on the printer.
Printer is not printing.
1. Verify the following:
2. The printer is connected to the power source.
Paper does not come out of the
3. The cable connections are secure.
4. The printer is turned on.
5. The paper is correctly placed in the In Tray.
6. The rear Access Door is attached.
7. If the Power Light is blinking, the printer is in the process of
printing. If the Resume Light is blinking, press the Resume
1. Remove the paper from the In and Out Trays.
2. Press the Resume Button on the front of the printer.
3. Print the document if the paper jam is cleared.
4. Open the Rear Access Cover by turning the knob counter-
5. Open the Rear Access Door by turning the knob counter-
clockwise and removing the door.
6. Remove the paper jam, then replace the Rear Access Door.
7. Close the Rear Access Cover.
8. Continue to print.
Blank pages are printing.
1. Remove and replace Print Cartridges.
2. Remove the protective vinyl tape from new Print Cartridges.
Document is printed off-center or at
1. Verify the paper is correctly placed in the In Tray.
2. Verify the paper guides fit snugly against the paper.
END OF WORK PACKAGE