SYSTEM ASSEMBLY AND PREPARATION FOR USE (Continued)
27. Position one nozzle kit at each fueling point.
28. Position one grounding rod at each fueling point.
29. Drive one grounding rod at each fueling point, approximately 10 ft (3 m) back from discharge hose end.
30. At each fueling point, select the nozzle for use, connect to the discharge hose end and connect the nozzle grounding
clamp to the ground rod.
When clamping air filter or dust cap to intake manifold, ensure that the lanyard is not pinched
31. Remove the engine air filter from the storage module. Remove dust cap from intake manifold and install engine air filter
with center clamp facing up.
32. Verify position of toggle switches on control panel as follows.
Open control box cover.
START-RUN-STOP switch in STOP position.
INTAKE HEATER switch in OFF position.
FAULT LIGHTS switch in ON position.
EMERGENCY STOP switch released.
Close control box cover.
33. Remove multi-conductor control cable W201 from the storage cabinet in the accessory module, route through cutout on
upper lip of stowage cabinet and connect to 1A1J2 on engine module. Connect adjacent dust caps together.
34. Remove battery power cable W202, NATO connector end, from storage cabinet in the accessory module, route through
cut out on upper lip of cabinet and connect to 1A1J1 on engine module. Connect adjacent dust cap together.
35. Position ENGINE SWITCH to RUN position and observe PUMPAGE HOT flashes once, ALTNTR and LOW OIL
PRESSURE illuminate and remain lit, and ENGINE HOT indicator does not illuminate. If the listed conditions do not
occur, determine cause before operating AAFARS.
36. Restore ENGINE Switch to STOP position.
37. Fill engine fuel tank or connect external fuel source.