Table 1. Direct Support Troubleshooting (Continued)
TEST OR INSPECTION
5. Pump does not provide flow and pressure when engine is running.
6. Three-inch valved unisex coupling leaks at body or fails to operate properly
Disassemble and inspect coupling.
1. Front and rear plates leak.
Step 1. Inspect for loose, damaged or missing capscrews.
Replace damaged or missing capscrews. Tighten capscrews to 30 foot-pounds (4.15 m-kg) torque.
Step 2. Inspect for damaged front and rear plate or missing components.
2. Fabric of drum leak.
Inspect drums for cuts, punctures or abrasions through all plies.
Notify your supervisor if fabric is damaged.
3. Scuffs and abrasions.
Inspect exterior of drums for scuffs or abrasions where the fabric is exposed but not damaged.
Notify your supervisor if scuffs or abrasions are present.
1. Cargo is damaged by weather.
Inspect exterior of container for holes or cracks that exist in exterior panels or at welds.
Holes or cracks need to be repaired. Broken welds need to be re-welded. Return container to depot for structural
2. Cargo is damaged by movement.
Inspect tie-downs for any broken welds.
Return container to depot for structural repairs.