INSTALLATION - Continued
TINDICATED = (L1/L2)TSPECIFIED
Substituting actual values:
TINDICATED = (19/21)100-110
TINDICATED = 90-99 ft lb (122-134 Nm)
In this example, 100-110 ft lb (135-149 Nm) is applied to the nut when your torque
wrench reads 90-99 ft lb (122-134 Nm).
Position strap wrench around flexible coupling adapter (5) as near to set screw as possible to hold pump shaft. Torque
the shaft nut (7) to 100-110 ft lb (135-149 Nm).
10. Rotate shaft by hand to check for freedom of rotation. Some rubbing at the inlet is normal but if the shaft binds or will
not turn, remove shaft seal housing (4) and inspect for proper assembly or cause of misalignment.
11. Remove flexible coupling adapter (5) from input shaft.
12. Install shaft nut cover (3) using four screws (1) and flat washers (2).
13. Install safety wire on shaft nut cover retaining screws (1).
14. Install splined flexible coupling adapter (5) on pump shaft. Tighten set screw securely against shaft key (6).
END OF WORK PACKAGE