ASSEMBLY - Continued
It is normally possible to install the valve ball without regard to left-right or front-rear position.
Occasionally, however, a ball will not be perfectly machined and the operating shafts will engage
in one position only. If this problem occurs when installing the shafts, it will be necessary to
remove the valve ball and install in a different position to allow the shafts to align properly for
engagement with the valve ball.
10. Install bushing (17) onto the handle-side shaft (12). Lightly lubricate O-ring (15) with petrolatum and install bushing
(16) and O-ring (15) onto handle-side shaft (12). Place O-ring (14) into inside end of groove in handle- side shaft (12)
and insert handle-side shaft (12) into housing (13) and valve ball (10). If handle-side shaft (12) will not mate with ball
(10), remove handle-side shaft (12), rotate ball (10) and insert handle-side shaft (12). Install retaining screw (11) to
secure handle-side shaft (12) to valve ball (10). Hold valve ball (10) with fingers while tightening screw (11).
11. Install screw (18) to attach attaching-cable-side shaft (19) to valve ball (10). Hold valve ball with fingers while
tightening screw (18).
12. If removed, install spring (7) and socket head screw (6) into handle (9), place knob (8) on handle and tighten.
13. Install handle assembly (3) to housing (13) using screws (5).
14. Open and close coupling valve twice to be sure it operates properly.
15. Place handle assembly (3) in closed position and install dust cap (4).
16. Thread attaching cable (1) through split ring (2).
END OF WORK PACKAGE