If removed, install breather assembly (22) in housing (6).
Install O-ring (21) in outside groove of teflon seal (20) and install teflon seal (20) in housing (6).
If removed, install teflon seal (18) and O-ring (19) in housing (6).
Install O-ring (14) in housing (6).
To install spring, ball and O-ring, recommend applying petrolatum to one end of spring
and drop spring in housing. Balance the ball on top of the spring. Apply petrolatum to the
matching hole on the seal retainer and position the O-ring over the matching hole. The
petrolatum will hold the O-ring in position on the seal retainer. Carefully lower the seal
retainer in place. This recommended procedure may have to be tried multiple times.
Install spring (11), ball (12) and quad ring (13).
Install seal retainer (10) using screws (8) and washers (9). Hand tighten screws (8) securely.
10. Attach inner piston (4) to outer piston (1) with screw (2) and Stat-O-Seal (3). Torque screw (2) to between 18 to 20 in.
lbs. (2.03 to 2.26 Nm).
11. Position spring (7), piston assembly and retaining ring (5) in housing (6).
During assembly the piston spring is going to be compressed. Use care in assembly
to avoid serious injury to personnel and equipment.
12. Use an arbor press or equivalent to compress the piston assembly and spring (7) into housing (6).
13. Install retaining ring (5) in housing (6) to secure piston assembly in housing (6).
14. Remove housing from arbor press or equivalent.
END OF WORK PACKAGE