14. Cut and remove tiedown straps from electrical wiring harness.
15. Tag and disconnect fuel shutoff solenoid electrical wires (14) at sensor.
16. Tag and disconnect engine temperature sensor electrical wire (15) at sensor.
17. At intake manifold, lift boots (16) from air intake heaters.
18. Tag and remove electrical wires (17) from air intake heaters.
19. Tag and remove electrical wire (18) from oil pressure switch.
20. Locate alternator wires in braided sheathing on left side of engine. Separate and push back sheathing from alternator
wire connectors. Tag and disconnect alternator wires (19) at in-line connector in wiring harness.
21. Tag and remove small electrical wire (20) from starter solenoid.
22. Tag and remove starter cables (21) from starter solenoid.
23. At lower starter mounting bolt (22), tag and remove electrical wire.
24. Unlatch and lower pulley guard (23).
Serious injury could occur if heavy equipment is moved/lifted without sufficient personnel to
do the job. If manually moving/lifting, always use four personnel to move or relocate the
engine module. Use proper physical lifting procedures or use a suitable lifting device or
dolly. Wear safety shoes, gloves and other suitable protective clothing.
The engine is secured to the module frame by ten hex head bolts, five on each side of the engine.
Before removing these bolts, the engine must be supported to take the weight off the mounting
bolts. A hoist may be attached to the engine lifting eye or the engine may be blocked from
underneath if a hoist is not available.
25. Attach hoist to engine lifting eye (24) and take all slack out of hoist cable/chain, or block engine from underneath to take
engine weight off mounting bolts.
26. Remove the ten mounting bolts (25), lock washers and flat washers and hoist the engine from the module. Discard the
27. Remove four bolts, lock washers and flat washers that secure coupling guard (26) to the engine. Remove coupling guard
28. Remove the bolt and splined flexible coupling adapter (27) from PTO end of engine crankshaft.
END OF WORK PACKAGE
0107 00-3/4 blank