INSTALL ENGINE IN ENGINE MODULE (Refer to Figure 33.)
Socket, Socket Wrench, 1-5/8 inch
Wrench, Torque, 150 ft lb capacity
Gates, shroud and oil cooler installed
Wrench, Combination, inch
Block engine from underneath for ease of installation of engine in engine module.
Attach hoist to engine lifting eye, raise engine and position above engine module with engine manual starter adapter
aligned with pulley guard (1) on module.
Lower pulley guard (1) and carefully lower replacement engine into module frame, aligning mounting holes in frame
Install and alternately tighten the ten bolts (2), lock washers and flat washers that secure the engine to the frame.
Remove hoist (or blocks) and check that mounting bolts are securely tightened.
Locate alternator wires (3) in wiring harness and connect at in-line connectors as tagged. Remove tags.
At lower starter mounting bolt (4), connect starter ground cable and other ground wires as tagged. Remove tags.
At starter solenoid, install the cables (5) and other wires as tagged to the solenoid studs. Remove tags.
At the oil pressure switch (6), connect the switch wire as tagged. Remove tag.
At intake manifold, connect the electrical wires (7) to the air intake heaters as tagged. Remove tags. Place boots (8) over
Connect the engine temperature sensor wire (9) at in-line connector in wiring harness as tagged. Remove tag.
10. Locate the fuel shutoff solenoid wires (10) and connect to the wiring harness as tagged. Remove tags.
11. Group and route wires of cable in general layout observed at removal, and install wire ties as necessary to secure wiring
12. Install fuel return line at fuel fitting (11) on #2 fuel injection pump.
13. Install fuel supply line (12) on fuel pump (13).
Do not lift the engine module with less than four (4) personnel. Serious personal injury may result.
14. Install engine module in pump-engine module.