9. Flight director As required.
10. Trim Set.
11. Engine ice vanes Retracted.
12. Fuel control heat Check ON.
13. Autofeather switch Check ARM.
14. Navigation radios Set.
15. Flight controls Check for full travel and
16. Windows and doors Secure.
17. Mirror Retracted.
*8-17. Before Takeoff.
1. Fuel panel Check switches and circuit
*8-18. Line Up.
2. Auxiliary fuel pumps ON.
1. Transponder As required.
3. Annunciator panel Check.
4. Engine and flight instruments Check.
To prevent zeroizing the MODE 4
transponder, when the landing gear
is down (struts compressed) and
either transponder or aircraft power
7. Flaps UP.
is to be turned off, place the CODE
Insure that the autopilot has been
disengaged and check that the
aircraft manual trim indicator is set to
Prior to flight, the gyro magnetic
the takeoff position before takeoff.
compass indicator should be cross-
Operating the autopilot on the ground
checked with the magnetic compass
may cause the autotrim to run
to verify approximate heading as the
because of back force generated by
indicator annunciator window will
the elevator downsprings or pilot
also be clear (blank) if the heading is
180 out of phase.
8. Autopilot/yaw damp Disengage.
3. Power Stabilized (70%-80% N1).
8-16 Change 7