TM 55-1670-251-20&P/TO 13D3-2-2
(2) Melting, charring or weld spatter of any
part of the polyester roundsling.
Each load rigged with polyester slings is
to be checked to ensure the proper load
(3) Holes, tears, cuts, embedded particles,
capacity is indicated on the identification
abrasive wear, or snags that expose the core fibers of
tag prior to use. The rigging is to be
the polyester roundsling.
inspected to insure that the roundsling is
protected from being cut by sharp
(4) Broken or worn stitching in the cover
corners, sharp edges, protrusions or
which exposes the core fibers.
abrasive surfaces. Roundslings are not
to be dragged on flours or other abrasive
(5) Fittings when damaged, stretched or
surfaces. No repair of round-ins is
distorted in any way.
(6) Polyester roundslings that are knotted.
m. Polyester Roundslinger. Polyester roundslings
are to be visually inspected for structural integrity of the
(7) Acid or alkali burns of the polyester
lifting eyes, the-protective covers and the wear (anti-
chafe) pads prior to rigging. The polyester roundsling
shall be removed from service if any of the following is
(8) Any conditions which cause doubt as to
the strength of the polyester roundsling.
(1) If polyester roundsling identification tag is
missing or unreadable.
Change 5 2-9/(2-10 blank)