(6) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial numbers
are shown on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).
(7) The usable on code, when applicable (see paragraph 5, Special information).
(8) In the Special Tools List section, the basis of issue (BOI) appears as the last line(s) in the entry for
each special tool, special TM DE, and other special support equipment. When density of equipments sup-
ported exceeds density spread indicated in the basis of issue, the total authorization is increased propor-
(9) The statement END OF FIGURE appears just below the last item description in Column 5 for a
given figure in both Section 11 and Section III.
f. QTY (Column (6)). The QTY (quantity per figure column) indicates the quantity of the item used in
the breakout shown on the illustration figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional
group, or an assembly. A V appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is
variable and the quantity may vary from application to application.
4. Explanation of Columns (Sect. IV).
a. National Stock Number (NSN) Index.
(1) Stock Number Column. This column lists the NSN by National item identification number (NIIN)
sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN (i.e., 5305-01-674-1467).when using this
column to locate an item, ignore the first 4 digits of the NSN. However, the complete NSN should be used
when ordering items by stock number.
(2) Fig. Column.
This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified / located. The
figures are in numerical order in Section II and Section 111,
(3) Item Column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent
FIG, column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. Part Number Index. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending
alphanumeric sequence (i.e., vertical arrangement of letter and number combination which places the first
letter or digit of each group in order A through Z, followed by the numbers O through 9 and each following
letter or digit in like order).
(l). FSCM Column. The Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM) is a 5-digit numeric code us-
ed to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
(2) Part Number Column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, firm,
corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of
its engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or
range of items,
(3) Stock Number Column. This column lists the NSN for the associated part number and manufac-
turer identified in the Part Number and FSCM Columns to the left.
(4) FIG. Column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/ located in
Section 11 and III.
(5) Itern Column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure
referenced in the adjacent figure number column.