Section IX PREPARATION FOR STORAGE AND SHIPMENT (Continued)
1. Disconnect aircraft or METS fuel supply line at oil-to-
fuel heater (1).
2. Connect a supply of filtered (10 micron) Preservative
Oil (E.34) to oil-to-fuel heater (1). Supply oil at 5 to 25
psi at a temperature of 60F.
3. Remove lockwire and disconnect inlet tube (2) from
dump valve (3).
4. Advance power control lever.
5. Motor engine until preservative oil issues from dump
valve inlet port.
Use a suitable container to receive oil.
6. Move power control lever back to CUT OFF.
7. Remove preservative oil supply from heater and cap
heater inlet port.
8. Reconnect dump valve inlet tube (2), torque to 65 to
75 inch-pounds and secure with Lockwire (E.4).
9. Drain engine oil to slow drip (Chapter 1, Section VIII,
10. Remove oil filter for drainage (Task 8-1-1).
GO TO NEXT PAGE