Section IX PREPARATION FOR STORAGE AND SHIPMENT (Continued)
1-89 PRESERVATION (Cont)
15. Remove cotterpin (9) from straight headed pin (10)
and withdraw pin (10) from compressor inlet case.
16. Using Puller (T.24) (11), remove plug (12).
Remove and discard packing (13).
17. Drain oil to a slow drip, into a suitable container.
18. Install preformed packing (13) on plug (12). Install
plug (12) into compressor inlet case.
19. Secure with pin (10) and new cotterpin (9).
20. If engine is to remain in aircraft:
Install eight bags of Desiccant (E.37) in each of
the air inlet and exhaust ducts.
Install a Humidity Indicator (E.76) in each of the
air inlet and exhaust ducts.
Polyethylene Sheet (E.36).
21. If engine is to be installed in a shipping container:
Remove engine (TM55-1510-209-23 or TM55-
1510-215-23 if airframe installed, TM55-4920-328-13 if
GO TO THE NEXT PAGE