ENGINE TESTING (Continued)
GROUND TESTING OF ENGINE ON
MOBILE TRAILER ASSEMBLY (AVIM) (Cont)
(7) Carry out an engine shutdown
check (subparagraph 6).
Check No 5 - Engine Shutdown. Carry out
engine shutdown check as follows:
(1) Retard power lever to idle
(2) Operate engine at not more than
1130F (610 C) interturbine temperature for a period
of at least 1 minute to insure adequate internal
In the event of engine shutdown from high
temperature, immediately carry out motoring cycle
(3) Fuel shut-off lever to cut-off
(4) Set water-in master hydropic
control to shut-off position.
(5) Listen for evidence of any unusual
engine noise, such as scraping, rubbing or grinding
during rundown. Note and record any change in
normal compressor run-down time (Operating Limits
(6) Check dump valve and gas
generator case drain valves for proper operation
(7) After compressor has run down,
set fuel boost pump switch to off position.
Do not switch the boost pump off position before the
compressor has run down, as cavitation of the fuel
pump may occur.
(8) Position test cell fuel system
switch to off position.
(9) Press W/B PUMP and W/B AIR
IN switches to off position.
(10) Position DC switch to off
(11) Shut down testing unit
GO TO NEXT PAGE