2-1 AIR INLET SCREEN (Continued)
Do not repair strips if wire mesh is broken or
detached from flange.
1. Fill cracks in chafing strips using Bonding Compound
(E.78) and Accelerator (E.79).
2. Rebond chafing strips to flanges, using Silastic (E.39).
Allow to dry at room temperature for 72 hours.
3. Paint chafing strips as follows:
a. Mask adjacent screen areas.
b. Clean chafing strips using Methyl-Ethyl-Ketone
(E.75) and allow to dry.
c. Apply three coats of Polyurethane (E.80). Allow
to dry between each application.
4. Rebond packing strips using Silastic (E.39). Allow to
dry at room temperature for 72 hours.
5. Replace damaged locating dowel pins as follows;
a. File off pin head to release washer. Remove pin.
b. Install new pin (7) with flat washer (8). Secure by
peening pin head to dimensions shown.
GO TO NEXT PAGE