6-1 FUEL CONTROL ASSEMBLY (Continued)
1. Inspect for signs of external damage.
2. Insure that all seals on sealed lockwire are intact and
wire is not broken. Any disturbed seals, or broken wire
is cause for replacement of fuel control unit.
Lubricate all new preformed packings with
Lubricating Oil (E.2) or (E.71).
1. If replacement unit is to be installed assemble elbows
(16) (refer to TM55-1500-204-25) with new preformed
packings (18) and backup rings (17). Install elbow
assemblies into unit, tighten locknuts, finger-tight only at
2. Install new preformed packing (13) on fuel pump
3. Install new coupling (14) over shaft, counterbore
towards fuel control unit. Press coupling to secure on
GO TO NEXT PAGE