5-23.1 BACKLASH CHECK-OVERSPEED DRIVE AND OUTLETCOVER ASSEMBLY
10. Install bevel gear assembly and backlash gage
(26) through overspeed drive cover assembly
11. Insert gear holding fixture (T5.1) (27) into
gearbox and lock bevel gear.
12. Using backlash gage dial indicator (28) with
indicator tip on scribed line on backlash gage,
check backlash of bevel gear. Backlash shall be
0.007 inch to 0.013 inch.
a. Remove bearing (21) and shim (20) from
gear assembly (22).
13. If backlash is within limits go to step 16.
14. If backlash is not within limits proceed as
GO TO NEXT PAGE