(12) Install existing engine washer, fitting (7 or
8), elbow (9), static line assembly (10), and union (11) in
combustor chamber static pressure port.
(13) Install packing (21), union (22), hose
assembly (23), and fitting assembly (24) in engine oil-in
(14) Install packing (26) and union (27) in engine
gearbox pressure port.
(15) Install elbow (25), packing (28), and union
(29) in engine gearbox vent port.
(16) Install packing (64), reducer (63), and elbow
(62) in torque boost port.
(18) Install adapter assembly (67) with retaining
ring (68) in engine anti-ice port.
(19) On T53-L-11A model engines install
packing (73) and union (74) in engine NIIl bleed return
(20) Install reducer (117), elbow (118), hose
assembly (119), nipple (120), and drain bottle (121) in
engine fuel overspeed governor port.
(21) Install packing (135), union (136), and
elbow (137) in engine main oil filter port.
(22) Install packing (138), reducer (139), elbow
(140), hose assembly (141), and fitting assembly (142)
in engine oil return port.
(23) Install packing (130), union (131), hose
assembly (132), nipple (133), and drain bottle (134) in
engine fuel control NI seal drain port.
(24) Install packings (128) and unions (129) in
No. 1 and No. 2 fuel pump ports and fuel inlet pressure
(25) Install tube assembly (122), reducer (123),
hose assembly (124), and fitting assembly (126) in
engine fuel supply pressure port. Install nipple (125),
plug (127) in fitting assembly (126).
On T53-L-11 model engines install packing
(34) and union (36) in starter drain port. On all other
models install packing (35) and reducer (37).
(27) Connect hose assembly (38) to the starter
drain port fittings. Install nipple (39) and drain bottle
(40) on hose assembly (38).
(28) Install packings (32) and thermocouple
assemblies (33) in engine oil scavenge ports.
(29) Install the fuel control actuator linkage,
transmitter, and bracket as shown in figure 2-11, detail
2-15. Power Absorption System Installation.
Install the power absorption system as follows:
Apply lubricant conforming to Specification MIL-
M-7866 to the engine output shaft.
Position adapter (7 or 8, figure 2-12) on engine
power output shaft and secure with bolts (3 or 4) and
tabwasher (5 or 6). Tighten bolts to 290 + 35 inch-
pounds torque, then bend the tabwasher to secure the
Disengage the studs (5, figure 7-33) on the torque
system assembly and remove the bellmouth (4 through
13) from the body of the torque system assembly (13,
Remove twelve bolts (14) and remove the adaptor
from the torque system assembly body.
Remove six nuts (15) and six external washers
(16) from the bolts (17) in the adaptor.
Apply a coating of Specification MIL-M-7866
molybdenum disulphide to the internal and external
splines of the shouldered shaft (15, figure 734), then
install the plug assembly (14), shaft and bumper (16).
Install the torque element shaft (9, figure 212) on
the water brake shaft.
Install the adaptor on the aft end of the water
brake assembly (18) using the six washers (16) and nuts
(15). Tighten the nuts securely then lockwire the
Install the component parts of the torque system
assembly excluding the bellmouth, on the adaptor, using
the twelve removed bolts (14). Tighten the bolts
Determine the clearance between the aft end of
the torque element shaft and the internal shoulder of the
shaft adaptor (7 or 8) as follows:
Measure the distance from the internal
shoulder of the shaft adaptor (7 or 8) to the face of the
engine housing. Record this measurement as