b. Remove the dolly assembly from the test trailer as
follows (see figure 1-3):
(1) Attach the test trailer crane assembly to the
engine mount ring. (Refer to paragraph 2-13 for crane
assembly operating instructions.)
(2) Remove the dolly axle latch arms (20).
(3) Remove the dolly assembly and engine from
the test trailer, then install the dolly drawbar. Secure the
test trailer crane assembly.
c. Remove the engine from the dolly assembly as
(1) Remove the exhaust assembly from the exhaust
diffuser. Install dust cover on engine diffuser housing.
(2) Remove the drain bottles and hose assemblies,
N1 and Nil tachometer generators, IGV transmitter and
bracket, and bleed band cable assembly.
(3) Remove the fuel control actuator linkage and
throttle position transmitter and bracket.
(4) Remove the vibration adapters and pickups,
then install the lifting eyes.
(5) Disconnect and remove all accessory hoses and
cables, adapters, and thermocouples from the engine
test dolly, engine, and power absorption system.
(6) Remove the water brake assembly and torque
system, inlet screen, and transition cone.
(7) Install the engine lifting sling. Remove the bolts
from the engine mount brackets and remove the engine.
Support the starter generator to
prevent damage to mounting studs.
(8) Remove the starter generator.
(9) Remove the engine mounts and engine
(10) If T53 turboprop testing has concluded,
disconnect and remove all accessory hoses and cables
from the test trailer.
Section V. T55 TURBOSHAFT ENGINE
2-30. Installation and Preparation of T55 Turboshaft
Engines for Testing.
Ensure that all hoses, engine ports
and cable connectors are capped at
all times to prevent contamination.
Refer to chapter 6 of this technical
Install lockwire in accordance with
a. Install the engine on the test dolly as follows:
(1) Install four engine mount brackets (7, figure 2-
23) on engine test dolly mount ring. Tighten and
lockwire the bolts.
(2) Install required engine lifting adapters and sling,
and suspend engine at a suitable working height.
(3) Install four engine mounts (1) and balls (3), one
on each inlet housing mount pad. Tighten and lockwire
(4) Lift and guide the engine into the dolly mount
ring and secure the engine mounts (1) to the engine
mount brackets (7) with bracket clamps (11). Ensure
engine ball mounts are properly positioned within each
bracket. Tighten and lockwire the bolts.
Do not remove aft lifting adapter
from the engine.
(5) Remove lifting sling and lifting adapters from
b. Install engine starter and instrumentation as follows:
(1) Install packing (14, figure 2-24), union (15),
hose assembly (17), nipple (19), and drain bottle
assembly (20) in starter drain port.
(2) Install packing (1), nipple (2), and male tip (3)
in starter case drain port.
(3) Install elbow (8), nipple (9), and male tip (10) in
starter oil return port.
(4) Install elbow (11), nipple (12), and valved
nipple (13) in starter oil supply port.