Section VI. T63 TURBOSHAFT ENGINE.
2-38. Installation and Preparation of T63 Turboshaft
Engines for Testing.
Install frame assembly, engine, and instrumentation
Ensure that all hoses, engine ports,
and cable connectors are capped at all
times to prevent contamination.
Refer to chapter 6 of this technical
manual for standard tightening torque
Install lockwire in accordance with
Remove the engine mount ring assembly from
engine test dolly assembly (5, figure 2-34).
Attach sling assembly (1) to frame assembly (2).
Position frame assembly (2) on engine test dolly
assembly; secure the installation using bolts (3) and nuts
(4). Tighten nuts securely. Remove sling.
Install lifting bracket (6) on engine. Lift engine
from the cradle and suspend at a convenient height.
Retain all dust caps, plugs and covers
removed during installation of test
completion of test.
Install one bottom engine mount (14) on engine
mounting pad at the 6 o'clock position, and two side
engine mounts (7), on engine mounting pads at the 3
and 9 o'clock positions. Secure each mount with three
bolts (8), then tighten bolts to 142 22 inch-pounds
torque and lockwire.
Install instrumentation as follows:
Install union (32) and packing (31) in engine
main oil pressure port.
Install 45-degree elbow (15), packing (16),
nut (17), and O-ring (18) in engine gearbox vent port.
Elbow outlet must face down toward
the 6 o'clock position, approximately.
Connect hose assembly (19) to elbow (15).
Install reducer (20) in hose assembly (19).
Install tube assembly and adapter (23) in
engine oil scavenge port.
Connect check valve (22) to tube assembly
Install adapter (21) in check valve (22).
Connect tube assembly (24) to adapter (21).
Install reducer (25) in tube assembly (24).
(10) Install adapter (26) in engine oil-in port.
(11) Install elbows (27 and 28) in adapter (26).
(12) Connect hose assembly (29) to elbow (28).
(13) Install reducer (30) in hose assembly (29).
(14) Install reducer (13) and packing (12) in
engine torquemeter port.
(15) Install nipple (33), packing (34), and elbow
(35) in accessory drive gearbox assembly overboard
(16) Install reducer (48) and packing (49) in
engine fuel inlet port.
(17) Install tube assembly (50) on reducer (48).
(18) Install cross (51) on tube assembly (50).
(19) Install two nuts (52) and two reducers (53)
on cross (51).
(20) Install packing (44) and reducer (45) in fuel
pump seal drain port, then connect one end of hose
assembly (46) to reducer. Install nipple (47) in opposite
end of hose assembly.
(21) Install elbows (54) in the fire shield drain
collector and exhaust collector drain ports.
(22) Connect hose assemblies (55) to the
combustion chamber overboard fuel drain port, fire
shield drain elbow, and exhaust collector drain elbow.
Install nipples (58) in opposite ends of hose assemblies.