Never allow fuel or oil to contact
Do not use pliers on electrical lead
(10) Ensure that all unconnected hoses,
engineports, and cable assemblies are capped at all
times to prevent contamination.
b. Prepare the engine test dolly assembly for
the T700 METS Test Adapter as follows:
(1) Detach the mount stand assembly (2,
figure 2-52) by removing four nuts (3), four washers
(4), and four bolts (5).
(2) Attach the hook of a suitable hoist to
the ring bolt (6) and remove the mount stand assembly
(2) from the test dolly frame assembly (1).
(3) Store the mount stand assembly (2) and
all attaching parts in a convenient area for reinstallation
on the test dolly frame assembly (1) after completion of
c. Install the support frame (1, figure 2-53) as
(1) With another
mechanic assisting, lift
(1) high enough to position it
over test dolly (2).
(2) Maintaining support frame (1) in level
position, lower it onto test dolly (2), so that five boltholes
are exposed on aft end of test dolly (see figure 2-53).
(3) Align boltholes in support frame (1)
with boltholes in test dolly (2).
Torque nuts to 420-510 inch-pounds.
d. Assemble water brake, torque element, and
mount assembly as follows:
(1) Place torque element (7, figure 2-54),
aft end up, onto suitable fixture. Aft end has strain
gage cable (14) attached to it.
(2) Insert water brake (6), forward end
down, inside of torque element (7).
(3) Rotate torque element (7) until torque
element cable is at 9 o'clock position and word TOP
(marked on water brake) is at 12 o'clock position.
(4) Assemble adapter (12) to water brake
(6). Align the word TOP marked on adapter, with the
word TOP marked on water brake. Secure adapter to
water brake with eight bolts (10) and eight nuts (11).
Torque nuts to 480-570 inch-pounds. Lockwire nuts
Torque element (7) is heavy and will drop
if not supported when bolts (13) are
removed. When element has to be
mechanics will be required in order to
avoid personal injury.
(5) Raise torque
element (7) up to
adapter (12). Make
sure strain gage cable (14)
goes into cutout of adapter. Secure torque element to
adapter with 12 bolts (13). Torque bolts to 480-570
inch-pounds. Lockwire bolts together.
e. Disassemble bracket (1), backplate (2), and
housing (3) as follows:
Due to its weight, disassembly of water
mechanics in order to avoid personal