Do not adjust SAS 1 VALVE CONTROL again until specified.
Otherwise, correct test results will not be obtained. If the control is
moved, step h must be repeated.
i. Remove the jumper from receptacle pins J1-3 and J1-4.
j. provide an in-phase input signal to the SAS 1 self demodulators as follows:
(1) Fabricate the test aid. See fig. 4-3.
(2) Turn the power switch to OFF.
(3) Connect the primary winding of the test aid transformer to receptacle pins J1-1 and J1-2.
(4) Connect the in-phase wire from the test aid to receptacle pin J1-4.
(5) Set No. 1 multimeter to measure ac volts. Connect it to the test aid in-phase wire and the mov-
ing contact of the variable resistor.
(6) Set the power switch to ON.
Figure 4-3. Test Aid Schematic Diagram
Do not press meter X10 pushbutton switch unless the associated
nullmeter indicates less than 5 microampere. Otherwise, the
null meter can be damaged.
k. Set the SAS 1 EXTERNAL METER SELECT and the SAS 1 LINK TEST switches to SELF FDBK.