r. Provide an out-of-phase input signal to the SAS 1 self-demodulators as follows:
(1) Set the power switch to OFF.
(2) Disconnect the test aid in-phase wire from receptacle 1-4.
(3) Connect the test aid out-of-phase wire to receptacle pin J1-4.
(4) Connect No. 1 multimeter to the test aid out-of-phase wire and the moving contact of the
(5) Set the power switch to ON.
s. Repeat steps k through p. The meter indications shall be as stated except the dc voltage indica-
tions shall be opposite in polarity.
4-48. SAS 1 Cross-Feedback and Metering Circuits Test. This test ensures the SAS 1 cross feed-
back and metering circuits function as required. (See FO-1 for J1 pin pattern.)
When performing this test, make sure the test aid and multimeters are
1. The primary winding of the test aid transformer is connected to
receptacle pins J1-1 and J1-2. See fig. 4-3.
2. No. 1 multimeter is set to measure ac volts,
3. No. 2 multimeter is connected to SAS 1 EXTERNAL METER + and
- jacks, set to measure dc.
a. Provide an in-phase input signal to the SAS 1 cross demodulators as follows:
Set the power switch to OFF.
Disconnect jumper wire from receptacle pins J1-13 and J1-14.
Disconnect the test aid out-of-phase wire from receptacle 1-4.
Connect a jumper wire to receptacle pins J 1-3 and J 1-4.
Connect the in-phase wire to receptacle pin J 1-14.
Connect No. 1 multimeter to the test aid in-phase wire and the moving contact of the variable
the power switch to ON.
c. Press SAS 1 FEEDBACK SELECT switch to CROSS.
d. Set SAS 1 EXTERNAL METER SELECT and SAS 1 LINK TEST switches to CROSS FDBK.
Do not press meter X10 pushbutton switch unless the associated null
meter indicates less than 5 microampere. Otherwise, the null meter
can be damaged.