SECTION II MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES (AVIM)
5 - 1 6 . G e n e r a l
Hydraulic unit Intermediate Aviation Unit (AVIM) Maintenance procedures are those accomplished
with the panel removed from the case. Repair is limited to component replacement. (Ref appx B.) Tools
and equipment are listed in table 5-1. A list of consumables is included in table 5-2. For general in-
formation on replacement of hydraulic components, refer to TM 55-1500-204-25/1.
Table 5-2. Consumable Materials
Dry Cleaning Solvent
5 - 1 7 . S e r v i c i n g
a. Cleaning - Cleaning procedures are covered in para 3-3.
b. Filter Servicing - Servicing the filter is accomplished by cleaning or replacing the element (Ref
c. Cycle Motor Gear Box - Servicing gear box with oil is covered in para 3-5b.
5-18. Operational Check.
The electrical unit and accessories are required to perform an opera-
tional check on the hydraulic unit.
a. Perform the operation check as follows.
(1) Prepare the test set for use. (Ref para 2-6.)
(2) Perform the self-test. (Ref para 2-7.)
(3) Perform the fill and bleed procedure. (Ref para 2-8.)
(4) Perform the high pressure self-test. (Ref para 2-9.)
b. If no additional tests are required.
(1) Perform the normal shutdown procedures. (Ref para 2-10.)