5. Special Information.
Use the following subparagraphs as applicable:
a. Usable On Code. The usable on code appears in the lower left corner of the Description column
heading, Usable on codes are shown as UOC: . . . in the Description Column (justified left) on the first
line applicable item description/nomenclature. Uncoded items are applicable to all models. Identification
of the usable on codes used in the RPSTL are:
(These codes and model numbers
are examples only)
b. Index Numbers. Items which have the word BULK in the figure column will have an index number
shown in the item number column. This index number is a cross-reference between the National Stock
Number/Part Number Index and the bulk material list in Section 11.
c. Associated Publications. The publication(s) listed below pertain to (insert applicable equipment
nomenclature) and its components:
Operator, AVUM and AVIM Maintenance Manual
NOTE: Associated publications shall not be listed herein combined narrative and RPSTL manuals.
6. How to Locate Repair Parts.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Not Known,
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to which
the item belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and subassembly
groups, and listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and note the item number.
(4) Fourth. Refer to the Repair Parts List for the figure to find the part number for the item number
noted on the figure.
(5) Fifth. Refer to the Part Number Index to find the NSN, if assigned.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known:
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National
Stock Number or Part Number. The NSN index is in National Item Identification Number (NIIN) sequence
(see 4a(l)). The part numbers in the Part Number index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence (see
4b). Both indexes cross-reference you to the illustration figure and item number of the item you are looking
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one youre looking
for, then locate the item number in the repair parts list for the figure.