1. Remove screws attaching cover to 240V outlet box assembly (type of screw head may vary from one
manufacture to another).
2. Remove screws attaching receptacle to outlet box.
3. Pull electrical receptacle out of outlet box.
4. Loosen wires that are connected to receptacle and disconnect. Set aside for reinstalling later.
5. Remove lock nut on box connector located inside outlet box.
6. Remove screws attaching outlet box to wall and remove damaged outlet box.
1. Place new outlet box onto box connector and start lock nut.
2. Align outlet box up with mounting holes and install screws.
3. Tighten screws.
4. Tighten lock nut on box connector.
5. Connect wires to receptacle and tighten screws.
6. Mount receptacle to outlet box using same hardware.
7. Install cover to outlet box.
8. Restore power to outlet box by turning 20A circuit breaker to ON position.