4. GAIN control - As required to
5. MODE switches - Press and release
present usable display.
to select WXA. Areas of intense
rainfall will appear as flashing red.
(6) Standby procedure.
6. TRACK switches - Press to move
1. Function switch - STBY.
track line through area of least
(7) Shutdown procedure.
position, in degrees, in upper left
corner of screen.
1. Function switch - OFF
2. AVIONICS MASTER switch - OFF.
3-31. Pilot's Encoding Altimeter.
Refer to TM 11-5841-28-9-13 for both
functions of Radar Set AN/APN-
provides the pilot with an indication of the aircraft's
altitude above sea level in addition to providing the
(5) Ground mapping operating procedure.
transponder with altitude information for use in mode C.
The encoding altimeter is protected by a 1-ampere
circuit breaker, placarded ENC ALT, located on the right
1. Function switch - ON.
2. MODE switches - Press and release
b. Controls and Functions.
as required to select MAP.
(1) Altitude alert annunciator.
3. BRT control - As required.
annunciator will illuminate when the aircraft is between
300 feet and 1000 feet of a preselected altitude.
When the aircraft is within 300 feet of the selected
Altitude alert (ALT) annunciator
Altitude (drum) display
Barometric correction knobs
Figure 3-21. Pilot's Encoding Altimeter
3-38 Change 7