(5) Power lever Return to 500 FT-LB
(6) Repeat steps 4 and 5 using the
other power lever.
(7) Propeller autofeather test switch
7. Propeller manual feather Check by
pulling propeller levers aft through detent to FEATHER.
(8) Both power levers Advance to
Check that propeller will feather, then advance lever to
88% to 92% N1 (observe ITT and torque limits). Check
both AUTOFEATHER lights illuminated. Retard each
8. Engine autoignition system Check.
power lever individually below 88% to 92% N1. Check
both AUTOFEATHER lights extinguished.
(1) Power levers Advance to ABOVE
450 FT-LB TORQUE.
(2) Autoignition ARM (check green
If the aircraft is to be flown with a
IGNITION ARM lights illuminated).
defective autofeather system, the
prop feather circuit breaker should
(3) Power levers Retard to LESS
be pulled and the AUTOFEATHER
THAN 350 FT-LB TORQUE (annunciator
switch positioned to OFF.
ON lights illuminated, green IGNITION ARM light
10. Overspeed governor Check a setting
RPM to 2100. Hold PROP GOV TEST switches UP.
(4) Autoignition OFF.
RPM should DECREASE to 1980 to 2060. Release test
switches. RPM should return to 2100.
(5) Power levers IDLE.
9. Propeller autofeather system Check.
(1) Power levers IDLE.
Do not exceed it or torque limits.
(2) Autofeather test switch TEST.
11. Engine ice vanes (left and right) Pull to
Check AUTOFEATHER lights do not illuminate. If switch
EXT. Check operation by observing drop in torque
is held in TEST position, propellers will gradually feather.
reading, verify that handle remains extended when
released, then push to RET.
(3) Power levers Advance to 500 FT-
(4) Autofeather test switch TEST.
Hold to test position and check both AUTOFEATHER
primary governor and, secondary idle
lights illuminated; retard one power lever. AT 350 to 450
stop check to provide better feel.
FT-LB TORQUE, check opposite AUTOFEATHER light
extinguished. AT 160 to 290 FT-LB TORQUE, check
12. Primary governor Check. Set 1900
both AUTOFEATHER lights extinguished; check
RPM with power levers. Retard propeller levers to
propeller star to feather.
detent position. CHECK FOR 1725 to 1775 RPM then
advance propeller levers to HIGH RPM.
AT 160 to 290 FT-LB TORQUE
setting, AUTOFEATHER light may
Change 7 8-13